HEALTH & WELLBEING
As you know, the positive physical and mental health and wellbeing of our children is the single most important focus at St. Stephen's. Supported, happy children learn and thrive and with this in mind, we have a number of resources available to our whole school community that we'd like to share.
Please scroll down to find a wealth of guides, information, programmes and handy tips to help keep you and your children in the very best of physical and mental health.
Growth Mindset Programme for schools
The Emotional Health Service have developed a 10 week programme around growth mindset and resilience for schools to send out to parents and young people there is a different version for primary and secondary.
Please click here to find the first of three pre-recorded workshops for parents and carers.
Primary Resources Primary
Supporting children and young people through bereavement and loss in relation to COVID-19
AC Education have been working with their face to face trainers to provide thoughts on coping with the current situation. This free video from Christina Enright talks about supporting children and adolescents through bereavement and loss in relation to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Click here to view.
Wellbeing Guidance while the school is closed
The school closures are out of the ordinary for all of us, but for those children with anxiety or additional needs, it can be really upsetting. Please read on to find some resources that may be helpful for parent carers of children and young people.
- Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families - Top tips to help families work together and support one another during the coronavirus outbreak
- National Autistic Society – guidance and helpline for parents’, young people and staff:https://www.autism.org.uk/services/nas-schools/vanguard/news/2020/march/coronavirus-(covid-19)-advice.aspx
- Mencap - Easy Read guide to Coronavirus: https://www.mencap.org.uk/sites/default/files/2020-03/Information%20about%20Coronavirus%20ER%20SS2.pdf
- Place2Be – Guide to helping parents answer questions from their children and to support family wellbeing: https://www.place2be.org.uk/about-us/news-and-blogs/2020/march/coronavirus-information-for-children/
- Young Minds - Talking to your child about Coronavirus and 10 tips from their Parents Helpline to support family wellbeing: https://youngminds.org.uk/blog/talking-to-your-child-about-coronavirus/
- Carers UK - Guidance for carers: https://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advice/health/looking-after-your-health/coronavirus-covid-19
- Covibook – an interactive resource designed to support and reassure children aged 7 and under, designed to help children explain and draw the emotions that they might be experiencing during the pandemic: https://www.mindheart.co/descargables
- Amaze - information pack for parents https://amazesussex.org.uk/faqs-about-the-coronavirus-for-parent-carers-of-children-with-send-brighton-hove/
- Public Health England have produced an easy read version of their Advice on the coronavirus for places of education. You can download it here.
Please click here for a guide to wellbeing and SEND services and support.
You can also click here for further information fro the NHS about Coronavirus and how to protect your mental health.