What happens if my child is unwell?
With constantly updated guidelines and a host of changes to procedure, it's hard to know what to do if you or your child is unwell. Please see below for an 'at-a-glance' list of what we need you to do - and what we will be doing - to keep our children safe.
What we need you to do
- If your child is exhibiting any of the COVID symptoms – a high temperature, a new and continuous cough, change to or loss of taste or smell - you must book a Covid test and not return to school until the result is received.
- If you are in any doubt and keep your child off school, please get your child tested.
- If your child is tested and the result is negative, you are then able to send them back to school as soon as their temperature returns to normal.
- If your child does test positive, you must inform the school, so we can take the necessary precautions.
- If your child's test is positive they must self-isolate for 10 days after the symptoms began. Any siblings will need to isolate for 14 days.
- Please see covid flow chart.
- If you have travelled from a quarantined country or region - you must quarantine for 14 days.
- If your child has a runny nose, if they are sneezing or if they have a cold, then you can send them to school.
What we will and will not do
- If you child is exhibiting any of the COVID symptoms, we will ask you to pick up your child and take them home.
- If they only have a runny nose, if they are sneezing or if they have a cold, then we will not send them home.
- If we are in any doubt, we will send your child home and will ask you to get them tested.
- We will not test any child in school unless we are asked to do so by Public Health and we have your permission.
Please help us to keep your children safe.