A Flinging Fun Night – 1st FOSS Ceilidh!
On Friday, 22nd March, FOSS hosted our first ever Ceilidh event in St Stephen’s Church Hall. Roughly 70 people came including 3 former pupils and 2 sets of grandparents!
The live music was provided by London's finest Ceilidh band with fiddle, accordion, guitar and an expert caller who led all the dances. It certainly was fun and entertaining. And tiring…..but in a very good way!
There were many key moments from the night which I will remember with great fondness:
Basket of death (yes it’s a dance)
The smiles on everyone’s faces
The band who were excellent
The dancing - everyone joined in
The leapfrog over a table
DJ Andy (yes you know who you are!)
We still have 2 unclaimed raffle ticket winners – GREEN TICKET 18 and 188! Please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org to claim your prize!
Thank you to:
- John who kept me sane during some stressful moments where I was worried we wouldn’t break even as we hadn’t sold enough tickets 10 days before.
- Lisette and Sarah my fellow Ceilidh Organisers
- Kate, Elizabeth and Sheetal who helped after school to sell raffle tickets to those who couldn’t make the Ceilidh (raising an incredible £287)
- All the mums who helped set up the hall, especially Suzy who is one creative genius!
- Jo, Deb and Tracey who kept everyone hydrated during the Ceilidh and helped tidy up after.
Feedback from everyone who attended was that it was a great night out and we’re already looking forward to next year!
We’d also like to mention our fabulous local businesses who donated generously to our raffle and our evening:
- Green Bottle Café – (for donating delicious vegan canapes for the night)
- The Bingham Hotel
- Harris & Hoole
- Le Salon Privee
- Rock and Fairy
- The Training Works
- Bearcat Comedy
- The Crown
- Watermans Art Center
- Taylor’D Lighting
- Streets Florist & Grocers
- Del Posto Restaurant
- The Dysart, Petersham
- Destination Skin