What happens if my child is unwell?
What we need you to do
- If your child is exhibiting any of the COVID symptoms – a high temperature, a new and continuous cough, change to or loss of taste or smell - please complete a lateral flow test or better still, a PCR test. Please do not return to school until the result is received.
- If you are in any doubt and keep your child off school, please get your child tested.
- If your child is tested and the result is negative, you are then able to send them back to school.
- If your child does test positive, you must inform the school, so we can take the necessary precautions.
- If your child's test is positive they must self-isolate for 10 days after the symptoms began. Any siblings will need to complete a PCR test before they can return to school.
- If your child is a close contact with a confirmed case of Covid, they do not have to isolate but we would ask that you keep them at home, complete a PCR test at a testing centre and only return them to school once a negative test result has been received. We would then ask that you continue to do daily lateral flow tests for a week, if possible.
- If you have travelled from a quarantined country or region - you must quarantine for the required number of days.
- If your child has a runny nose, if they are sneezing or if they have a cold, then you can send them to school.
What we will and will not do
- If your child is exhibiting any of the COVID symptoms, we will ask you to pick up your child and take them home.
- If they only have a runny nose, if they are sneezing or if they have a cold, then we will not send them home.
- If we are in any doubt, we will send your child home and will ask you to get them tested.
- We will not test any child in school unless we are asked to do so by Public Health and we have your permission.
The measures in place are designed to keep you and your children safe and if we are not adhering to the guidelines, we are creating a risk for our whole community.
Please help us to keep your children safe.
Click on the image to watch our video of changes at school to help you prepare for your return!