What happens if my child is unwell?
What we need you to do
- If your child is exhibiting any of the COVID symptoms – a high temperature, a new and continuous cough, change to or loss of taste or smell - you must book a Covid test and not return to school until the result is received.
- If you are in any doubt and keep your child off school, please get your child tested.
- If your child is tested and the result is negative, you are then able to send them back to school as soon as their temperature returns to normal.
- If your child does test positive, you must inform the school, so we can take the necessary precautions.
- If your child's test is positive they must self-isolate for 10 days after the symptoms began. Any siblings will need to isolate for 14 days.
- Please see covid flow chart.
- If you have travelled from a quarantined country or region - you must quarantine for 14 days.
- If your child has a runny nose, if they are sneezing or if they have a cold, then you can send them to school.
What we will and will not do
- If you child is exhibiting any of the COVID symptoms, we will ask you to pick up your child and take them home.
- If they only have a runny nose, if they are sneezing or if they have a cold, then we will not send them home.
- If we are in any doubt, we will send your child home and will ask you to get them tested.
- We will not test any child in school unless we are asked to do so by Public Health and we have your permission.
The measures in place are designed to keep you and your children safe and if we are not adhering to the guidelines, we are creating a risk for our whole community.
Please help us to keep your children safe.
Things will be a little different for all of us as school returns this year. We have made many temporary changes during this COVID-19 pandemic. These documents and resources are to inform parents and children of the changes. We will be following Government guidelines and the school day will be structured to ensure that we keep everyone safe and happy.
Click on the image below to see the Government leaflet: Returning to primary school: what parents need to know
Please click here to find a useful flowchart that shows the course of action that we will be taking in the event of one of our pupils or staff suspecting they have Covid-19 or testing positive.
Click on the image to watch our video of changes at school to help you prepare for your return!