Mission Statement, 5 Year Vision & School Development Plan
At St. Stephen’s School we believe that every child should have the opportunity to reach their full potential within a happy, stimulating and secure environment. A place where care and respect for each other, their school family and the wider community are paramount.
We believe that every child should be encouraged to achieve the highest standards possible, in an atmosphere where all success, great or small, is properly celebrated. We believe that every child should be taught to accept and understand people with different beliefs, needs and circumstances to their own; enabled to develop morally and spiritually, gaining a growing knowledge of the Christian faith; given confidence to grow in responsibility and independence, equipping them for the challenges that lie ahead.
Our mission - as staff, governors, parents and members of the wider school community - is to make this vision a reality, constantly building each other up in love and learning.
In order to fulfil our vision, the school aims to:
• provide a caring, friendly, disciplined and relaxed atmosphere where the children are happy and attain the highest academic levels possible.
• impart Christian values and maintain a Christian atmosphere, throughout all our school activities.
• develop in the children a sense of self-confidence, self-respect and self-discipline. To help them to recognise the needs of others and to be able to work with others in a spirit of cooperation.
• help children develop an enquiring mind and the ability to make reasoned judgements and choices.
• help them listen with concentration and understanding.
• recognise children’s different talents and different needs and to provide appropriate individual learning experiences, within which children will achieve success and gain confidence.
• deliver a broad curriculum, accessible to all children.
• work closely with parents and all others involved with the school in order to achieve these aims.