The School Day
Arrival and Dismissal times
Children arrive at 8.40am at the Winchester Road gate.
The bell will go at 8.50am.
Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 leave at 3.15 p.m.
Year 3, 4, 5, 6 children leave at 3.30 p.m.
Parents collect the children from the playground. Please only take your child when handed over by the teacher/ support staff.
Members of staff are in the playground from 8.40am.
Please remember that Winchester Road by the Turks Head/school gate is a local authority School Street. You cannot drive onto the road or park at drop off and pick up times, unless you are a resident.
Please see the following video:
PUNCTUALITY AND ATTENDANCE
We believe that regular attendance at school is paramount if each of our pupils is to benefit fully from their time at St. Stephen's.
As it is important that children are safe and therefore accounted for at all times during the day, we appreciated parental support and understanding for the implementation of the following routines;
- If a child is late or absent, the parent needs to telephone the school that morning, before 8.30am.
- Any absence not supported by a phone call or note is recorded as an unauthorised absence and parents will be notified.
- If a child is not at school by 9.30 and a reason has not already been supplied, parents/carers will be telephoned for an explanation.
- If a child is repeatedly late or absent a letter will be sent to the parents.
- If you need to take your child out of school outside normal school hours, a note asking permission should be sent in advance to the class teacher.
- When collecting or dropping off children out of school hours, parents or carers should sing their child in or out of the school book.
- If your child - or anyone in your household needs to shield - you must inform the school office.
Please note children are not permitted holidays during term time. A copy of our Attendance Policy is on the website. Our school has good attendance. Overall absence is just 3.8%.