The School Day
|Reception, Y1 & Y2||
10.20 - 10.40
12.00 - 1.00
2.15 - 2.30
11.10 - 11.30
12.30 - 1.30
Members of staff are in the playground from 8.40am. The bell will ring on time and it is expected that staff will arrive promptly to greet their class.
Out of school hours, parents are responsible for children on site when members of staff are not on duty, except when children are attending supervised clubs.unless the children are attending clubs.
PUNCTUALITY AND ATTENDANCE
We believe that regular attendance at school is paramount if each of our pupils is to benefit fully from their time at St. Stephen's.
As it is important that children are safe and therefore accounted for at all times during the day, we appreciated parental support and understanding for the implementation of the following routines;
- If a child is late or absent, the parent needs to telephone the school that morning, before 9.30am.
- Any absence not supported by a phone call or note is recorded ad unauthorised absence and parents will be notified.
- If a child is not at school by 9.30 and a reason has not already been supplied, parents/carers will be telephoned for an explanation.
- If a child is repeatedly late or absent a letter will be sent to the parents.
- If you need to take your child out of school outside normal school hours, a note asking permission should be sent in advance to the class teacher.
- When collecting or dropping off children out of school hours, parents or carers should sing their child in or out of the school book.
Please note children are not permitted holidays during term time. A copy of our Attendance Policy is on the website. Our school has good attendance. Overall absence is just 3.8%. To encourage good attendance and punctuality children who achieve 100% attendance over a term are issued with a certificate.
Your child's class timetable for 2017-18, is available below.