What a Bounce-tastic Day!
Once again, we are staggered at the amazing support from the St. Stephen's Community as our children bounced their way through the day on Friday.
After an equally enthusiastic trial run on Thursday, Friday saw the children in fine voice as they cheered on their classmates and helped count down the bounces. A lively chorus of 'faster, faster, faster' rang out across the playground all day, as the children stepped up to bounce their little hearts out.
The cash is yet to be counted but this year the Bounceathon event is dedicated to raising money to fund the purchase of 60 new Chromebooks, making these invaluable devices available to the whole school.
Why do we want more Chromebooks?
Here at St. Stephen’s, we have classrooms full of inquisitive minds and creative thinkers, and we want to continue to encourage learning at every opportunity!
Our Chromebooks have already begun to revolutionise learning through easy access to 'Google Classroom', Accelerated Reader and Times Table Rockstars to name but a few. By using this cutting edge technology, we have been able to further promote collaborative learning. The concept of grouping and pairing students for the purpose of achieving an academic goal, has been widely researched and advocated. Chrome devices are instantly personalised by each student or teacher, and are easy to manage, making them an ideal solution for bringing the power of the web to our classrooms. Chrome devices enable you to...
- Scale access to the web with computers that are simple to use and easy to distribute under our usual stringent security system
- Share devices among students, with no manual set-up for different users
- Have shared areas where their learning and work can be stored securely and easily accessed by their teachers for marking and feedback. You can create and collect assignments: Google Classroom weaves together Google Docs, Drive and Gmail to help teachers create and collect paperless assignments. They can quickly see who has or hasn’t completed the work and provide direct, real-time feedback to individual students.
- Enjoy constant connectivity through integrated Wi-Fi and optional 3G, for always-on access without relying on school networks
- Maximise teaching time with devices that boot up in 8 seconds and resume instantly, preventing us from losing valuable learning time
- Inspire young innovators of the future by giving them access to pioneering technology as part of their education.
Each Chromebook costs around £250 (incl set up costs) and if we’re lucky enough to raise more than is required, any additional funds will go towards the cost of music provision within the school. This will enable our children to continue to have music technology lessons, strings lessons, early years music provision and more.