"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing." 1 Thessalonians 5:11
Our school values: peace, friendship, service, kindness, thankfulness, forgiveness, resilience, courage and respect are embedded in our mission statement.
At St. Stephen’s CE Primary School everyone can reach their full potential within a happy, stimulating and secure environment.
A place where care and respect for each other, their school family and the wider community are paramount. Friendship.
We believe that every child should be encouraged to achieve their full potential, in an atmosphere where all success, great or small, is celebrated. Mistakes are steps to success, crucial to deeper learning. Resilience. We believe that every child should be encouraged to embrace, accept and understand people with all beliefs, needs and circumstances to their own. Respect. Children are enabled to develop morally and spiritually, gaining a growing knowledge of the Christian faith; given confidence to grow in responsibility and independence, equipping them for the challenges that lie ahead. Forgiveness.
Our mission - as a school community - is to make this vision a reality, constantly building each other up in love and learning.
In order to fulfil our vision, the school aims to:
- provide a caring, friendly, inclusive and inspiring atmosphere where the children are happy and attain the highest academic levels possible. Kindness.
- impart shared values and maintain a Christian atmosphere, throughout all our school activities, within a Christian context.
- develop in the children a sense of self-confidence, self-respect and self-discipline.
- help children to recognise the needs of others and to be able to work with others in a spirit of cooperation and appreciation.
- Help children to identify opportunities for charitable acts. Service.
- help children develop an enquiring mind and the ability to make reasoned judgements and choices. Courage.
- help children to listen with concentration and intent to understand.
- recognise children’s different talents and different needs and to provide appropriate individual and collaborative learning experiences, within which children will achieve success and gain confidence.
- deliver a broad and deep curriculum, accessible to all children.
- work closely with parents and all others involved with the school in order to achieve these aims.
- encourage children to think critically when faced with unfamiliar and uncertain situations, in order to independently reach considered judgements.
- develop responsible global citizens who make a difference as future leaders. Peace.