Parent Helpers & Safeguarding
We are grateful for any parents, carers and relatives who volunteer their time and energy to help us in school. However, in order to ensure that we keep your children safe, we are asking all volunteers to undergo a DBS check and safeguarding training, to ensure that they are fully briefed in all areas of safeguarding.
This includes parent helpers who accompany our children on trips and those who come into school to help with reading and maths.
If you are planning on continuing to help in school, we would be grateful if you can complete the following:
- Click here to complete this Safeguarding Online Course. Once you complete it and download the certificate , we will then be able to see that you have completed it from this end of our system.
- Provide us with documents that will allow us to complete a DBS check - we will need any three of the following documents:
- Valid driving licence
- Valid passport
- Utility Bill (within last 3 months)
- Council tax statement (within last 12 months)
- Bank statement (within last 3 months)
- Mortgage statement
- Marriage certificate
- Birth certificate
Once your documents have been submitted, you'll receive an email from the Disclosure service - you'll be asked to confirm a few details and usually your DBS certificate will be dispatched to your home address within a few days. We ask you to bring the certificate in for us to see and that's it!
No-one is obliged to be DBS checked - it is only required if you would like to continue to come into school to help in class or accompany the children on school trips.
Thank you for your cooperation in keeping you children safe.