Sustrans Banner Competition for Years 3-6
Our KS2 pupils (Year 3 -6) are invited to enter the Sustrans banner competition this Spring Term. The theme of this year’s competition is Air Quality - an issue that you know is very close to our hearts.
Sustrans is a charity that makes it easier for more people to cycle, walk and wheel and we want YOUR HELP to make London cleaner! Design a banner that encourages people to pollute less to improve the quality of the air for everyone in London. Some things to think about:
- Encourage people to cycle, walk, scoot or wheel instead of using cars
- Come up with a snappy headline
- Make your banner as eye catching as possible!
Please click here to download the template - alternatively you will be able to find printouts in the school office area after half-term. This template contains instructions and ideas on one side, and space for the design on the other.
The deadline for children bringing in their banner designs is Tuesday 25th February.
This is a family learning activity and so pupils are encouraged to design the poster at home with their parents or carers.
Please note that Sustrans cannot accept submissions that do not have signed permission from parents and the tick box checked. This is to ensure we can publicise the child’s first name and school should they win, and to enable us to use the artwork in our own publicity and press.
- Winner of the best design from each school will receive a certificate
- Winner of the best design from each borough will receive a banner of the winning design to be displayed outside of the school
- Overall London winner will receive a free bike!
Winners will be announced by email mid-March.
This is a great competition which we hope will raise awareness of air quality and encourage active travel to and from school.
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us if you have any questions.