Thinking about being a class rep next year?
Do you want a way to help your children’s school, feel more involved, get to know your child’s teacher/other parents better and have a say in activities which FOSS organise & help raise money for our school?
Yay! You’d make a great class rep then! 😉
Lots of you may have been class reps before, but for those who haven’t & would like to know a bit more about the role, what exactly does it involve?
Examples of typical duties are:
- Setting up & running a class WhatsApp group to help with communications eg reminders about PE kit days, library book day, trips etc
- Organising social events for parents (v important!!) such as coffee meet ups if people are around in the day and end of term drinks.
- Acting as an extra line of communication between the teacher and parents & helping to source volunteers for class cake sale etc
- Attending FOSS meetings and passing on comments and suggestions from the other parents in your child’s class (if you’re free as we know everyone has busy lives!)
- Helping with FOSS events such as the summer BBQ and Christmas market. This may involve helping out yourself or organising your class to coordinate a particular stall eg compiling a rota of class parents to help on the day.
- Coordinating collections for end-of-term presents for staff.
- (Organising a Leaver's party, year book and Leaver's hoody.) This is for Yr 6 class reps only.
We are really lucky to have fab class reps - some are working full-time/part-time & others are stay-at-home parents, so it doesn’t mean you always need to be at the school gate.
And don’t forget of course Dads make great class reps too!
Tracey & I also realise everyone has busy lives & our class reps are juggling lots of balls, so we want being a class rep to be as easy as possible (eg wherever we can we’ll send out messages you can just cut & paste to your class etc) & also plan to organise get togethers so class reps can support each other/ share experiences etc for anyone who would like to come along...
If you might be interested in becoming a rep in Sept ‘19 or have any questions at all, please give me a shout - firstname.lastname@example.org or feel free to come & find me in the playground anytime...(I’m normally surrounded by 3 in St S uniform & pushing a large pink pram, so am fairly easy to spot...!)