Dancing up a storm...
On Friday 31st January, FOSS hosted our second Ceilidh event in St Stephen’s school hall. Live music was provided by London’s finest Ceilidh band – who kept us on our toes all night (especially when we had a call at 7 to say the caller had broken down in central London!) But he turned up and the evening was so much fun.
The best bit of feedback from the night was from a former St Stephen parent who said “Got to admit, my wife had to drag me to the Ceilidh, but I had a brilliant night! I loved it!”
I certainly haven’t laughed so much in a long time! There was a great atmosphere and everyone seemed to thoroughly enjoyed it.
Thank you to everyone who did support this event and bought a raffle ticket. We didn’t achieve our target of £1000 as sadly we didn’t sell as many tickets for the event as last time, but the money will be a valued contribution to the School’s music provision across the year groups.
Thank you so much to ….
- Hazel Martin for leading the organisation – booking the band and securing some amazing raffle prizes
- Lisette and Sarah for helping with the organisation of the event
- Alex and Deb for keeping everyone hydrated
- Jo and Marie for selling raffle tickets after school
- Suzy for her amazing hall transformation skills and all the other mums who helped set up the hall