Exciting opportunity for lunchtime play worker to join our team!
St Stephen's Primary is looking to appoint an enthusiastic and flexible lunchtime play worker for a term-time permanent position.
This is a part-time position of 7.5hrs hours per week for 38 weeks per annum (term time only). Hours of work are Monday to Friday 12.00 am to 1.30 pm. You will be required to attend school on Inset days.
The successful candidate will be a friendly, agile and reliable team member with experience of working with children. The right candidate will be responsible for devising and implementing adult led activities in a lively playground environment across a range of ages from 4 - 11 years. They must be able to successfully manage behaviour and administer First Aid, if required. (First Aid training desirable but not essential; training can be provided if necessary)
It is the duty of the Lunchtime Play Worker to observe, help, monitor and supervise the pupils during the lunchtime session in accordance with the aims of the school and to encourage children to engage in a variety of play activities.
Supervision of pupils
- Manage the behaviour of pupils, ensuring an acceptable level of behaviour at all times in accordance with the school’s behaviour policy and practice
- Build strong, positive relationships with all children
- Deal with accidents in the playground or dining hall and report on them as appropriate and in accordance with the school’s health and safety policy; providing first aid as necessary; reporting and informing appropriate staff
- Supervise pupils in the lunch hall and playground and ensure that pupils are not left in areas unsupervised
- Ensure all pupils are engaged in positive play situations and encourage creative play
- Organise and manage play equipment
- Work with small groups of children to support and develop positive play skills
- Ensure equipment is organised and returned to storage after use
Lunch duties in school hall
- Help children at the serving hatch where necessary
- Supervise children eating their lunches
- Help pupils to clear plates
- Wipe down tables and pack tables away after service
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- a proven ability to work on their own initiative
- knowledge of health, safety & First Aid policy and procedures
- a high level of communication skills and the ability to relate positively to children and adults.
- a commitment to the happiness well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school.
Applicants can apply by clicking here and completing the online form.
Please call Jessica Tozer in the School Office on 0208 892 3462 for further details.
St Stephen's School is committed to the safeguarding of children through it's policies, practice and monitoring procedures. Any successful candidate will be required to have an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring (DBS) check.