We are delighted to announce that our most recent OFSTED report from December 2018 is now available for you to read below. The report is a true reflection of what a school can achieve when a community of pupils, parents, staff and governors work together to achieve the best outcomes for our children.
The inspector confirmed that the school has shown marked improvement since the previous inspection in 2014, indicating that it is now likely that we are an outstanding school. We now await a section 5 (two day) inspection to hopefully confirm this judgement within the next 1-2 years.
We are particularly proud that she recognised our ‘relentless ambition’ for all pupils and that ‘high-quality learning experiences go hand-in hand with the promotion of pupils’ welfare’. In addition to this, our rich curriculum was particularly praised for offering the children broad experiences and not restricted to areas that are simply tested at the end of key stage 2.
We will now continue to build on this achievement so that our children flourish and our school goes from strength to strength.
Some further observations and comments made were:
- The school's approach to high-quality class teaching, in conjunction with well-targeted intervention, supports the strong progress of all pupils from their starting points.
- The children clearly enjoy their day, engaging with enthusiasm in the challenging learning and inspiring curriculum staff provide.
- Leaders have refined the curriculum in all subject areas and it is broad and balanced, giving all subjects equal weighting and importance.
- Pupils have a deep understanding of what has been learned.
- Art & music outcomes are as strong as those in history, geography and science.
- Pupils' books show that they redraft and edit their work regularly. This produces increasingly sophisticated and polished pieces of work from even the youngest pupils.
The full report will be available on the Ofsted website from next week.
Please see below the full report - St. Stephen's School - Ofsted December 2018
You can also see how well we are doing versus national results by looking at our Results Page.