Exploring Science Week...
It is STEM week next week, which this year will be based on the Polar Explorer programme run by the National STEM Learning Network. The Polar Explorer programme is the educational programme linked to the RRS Sir David Attenborough – the UK’s new polar research ship.
The programme aims to raise aspirations and attainment in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) and aims to inspire the next generation of scientists and engineers.
We will be aiming to engage and enthuse our pupils and increase their awareness of STEM subjects through a range of experiments and investigations.
Children will be completing different activities which cover a range of themes such as:
• Engineering – the building, loading and launching of the ship
• Exploration – life as a polar explorer
• Arctic animals – living and surviving in a cold environment
• Climate change – observing the signs and predicting the future
• Oceans – investigating the oceans
Keep your eyes on next week's newsletter to explore how we got on and to see our pictures, results and findings.