IT'S NEARLY HERE.....! BOUNCE-A-THON FRIDAY 3rd MAY 2019
The fifth St. Stephen’s Bounce-a-thon will take place on Friday 3rd May, on a bouncy castle in the school playground! This is our biggest fundraiser of the year and we want to aim as high as possible yet again! We've an ambitious target of £10,000, but together we can do this!
This year we want even bigger bounces, louder laughs and to boost the money available to provide the best educational experience for our children to thrive.
A few years ago, the Bounceathon allowed for 30 Chromebooks and three charging units to be installed in the school. This year the Bounceathon event will be dedicated to raising money to fund the purchase of 60 new Chromebooks, making these invaluable devices available to the whole school.
So please can we ask you to help each and every child to start thinking about how to find as many sponsors or donations as possible, from family, friends, teammates, pets or anyone else! Every child will have a go on a bouncy castle in the playground, tasked with jumping as many times as they can in a minute! The more jumps there are, the more we hope to raise! If each class can raise £750, we will smash our target!
More info will follow soon so please keep your eyes peeled!
Why do we want more Chromebooks?
Here at St. Stephen’s, we have classrooms full of inquisitive minds and creative thinkers, and we want to continue to encourage learning at every opportunity!
Our Chromebooks have already begun to revolutionise learning through easy access to 'Google Classroom', Accelerated Reader and Times Table Rockstars to name but a few. By using this cutting edge technology, we have been able to further promote collaborative learning. The concept of grouping and pairing students for the purpose of achieving an academic goal, has been widely researched and advocated. We would like to embed this further, but in order to do this, we require more devices.
Due to such popular feedback from the children, we would like to have Chromebooks available within each classroom in the school to provide children with instant and easy access to the answers to their questions! Chrome devices are instantly personalised by each student or teacher, and are easy to manage, making them an ideal solution for bringing the power of the web to our classrooms. Chrome devices enable you to...
- Scale access to the web with computers that are simple to use and easy to distribute under our usual stringent security system
- Share devices among students, with no manual set-up for different users
- Have shared areas where their learning and work can be stored securely and easily accessed by their teachers for marking and feedback. You can create and collect assignments: Google Classroom weaves together Google Docs, Drive and Gmail to help teachers create and collect paperless assignments. They can quickly see who has or hasn’t completed the work and provide direct, real-time feedback to individual students.
- Enjoy constant connectivity through integrated Wi-Fi and optional 3G, for always-on access without relying on school networks
- Maximise teaching time with devices that boot up in 8 seconds and resume instantly, preventing us from losing valuable learning time
- Inspire young innovators of the future by giving them access to pioneering technology as part of their education.
Each Chromebook costs around £250 (incl set up costs) and if we’re lucky enough to raise more than is required, any additional funds will go towards the cost of music provision within the school. This will enable our children to continue to have music technology lessons, strings lessons, early years music provision and more.