Action-attainment: Secondary school transition workshops
For parents and teachers of children in primary school with social communication needs
Action-attainment’s online workshop programme is for parents and teaching staff of children with hidden, neurodiverse, sensory and communication needs. It examines how we can use vital primary years to plan and prepare for secondary school. The remaining 2 out of a series of 6 workshops will take place from 8-9pm, online.
Workshop Five: 24 November
Workshop Six: 15 November
Meet the Parents - Discussing Decision Making and Experiences 25th November
- Hear from parents who have been through secondary transition with their children
- How parents decide on mainstream, private or specialist education for their child
- Building working relationships with teachers in a secondary setting
- Looking back - What we know now!
Eventbrite link to Meet the Parents workshop: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/174205622707
Education Law & Secondary Transition 16th December
Education Health and Care Plans - Inside Stories Course leader: Adam Friel, Head of Education Law, Geldards
- Education Health and Care Plans and Securing Pathways to Learning
- Understanding legal process and support for learning from school through to university/college
Eventbrite link Educational Law workshops: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/174206675857
What Parents and Schools Say They Have Learned
"I am going to use the information that was learnt today in my daughter's annual EHCP meeting."
"We will get in contact with the therapists for possible assessments, as well as consider having someone look at our son's EHCP, to make sure it's good - especially in terms of occupational therapy and speech and language provision."
"I will take what I have learned into staff training with my school and apply to take SENCO training." "Action-attainment provides consistently high quality training."
If you are having any problems booking onto the eventbrite links, please contact Tom Silver on
firstname.lastname@example.org or 07517379158 for a joining instructions email or further information.